Unique Benefits of Dental Implants in Restorative Dentistry
Premature tooth loss is a big dental problem in the world. Many kids and adults alike are affected by tooth loss of their permanent teeth. When you lose your natural teeth, the first reality you have to accustom yourself to is that your teeth won’t grow back. This is why you need a dentist to help you with tooth replacement.
In modern dentistry, there are multiple solutions for replacing missing teeth. Some are more permanent than others. Dental implants, for instance, have grown in fame over the years, because of the uniqueness they present in restorative dentistry.
What Are Dental Implants?
They are tooth replacement oral appliances mainly used in restorative dentistry. The implants feature a small screw-like metal post that replaces the missing tooth. The procedure of placing an implant relies on other tooth replacement alternatives to be complete. In essence, an implant consists of the metal post inserted in your jawbone, while a different oral appliance is used to crown the top of the replacement tooth. Either a dental crown, dental bridge, or denture is used to complete the treatment.
The artificial tooth implant dentist near you will tell you that implants are popular for tooth replacement because they are undeniably different from all other oral appliances for missing tooth replacement.
Top 6 Unique Advantages of Dental Implants
If you are to determine dental implants as the most suitable replacement alternatives for your missing teeth, then learn as much as you can about them by considering the numerous and unique benefits they offer:
- They replace the roots of teeth – the entire process of implantation involves a surgical procedure for which a dental implant is placed in the jawbone of your mouth. The goal of this is to create a new tooth root for the missing tooth, which then supports the crown placed over it. Other oral appliances only replace the crown part of a tooth, while a dental implant replaces both the crown and root thereof.
- Oral implants use titanium metal – if you ask a dentist near you, you will learn that titanium is a special type of metal in dentistry. It is relied on because of its ability to integrate well with the bone tissue of your body. The biocompatibility of titanium is unmatched to other types of metals typically used in dentistry, like silver or gold.
- Implants are permanent – since they are implanted on the jawbone and held in place by the gum tissue, they are as permanent as can be. Unlike tooth replacement alternatives like dentures and dental bridges, you never have to worry about your oral implants falling off.
- Can last a lifetime – if you determine to care for your oral implants carefully, you may never require a repeat procedure to replace your dental implant. Once the material integrates with the bone tissue of your mouth, it becomes one with you. The result of your treatment is so long-lasting that you can have the same implant for the rest of your life.
- Natural-looking results – if you want a restorative dental solution that closest matches the appearance and feel of natural teeth, opt for dental implants. They feel like natural teeth because of the immense support from the jawbone. The crowning of a dental implant is also very particular so that the dental crown placed can be color-matched to the color of your natural teeth. The result, therefore, is a very natural-looking smile, hardly telling apart the artificial tooth from your natural teeth.
- Unmatched strength – dental implants in Houston, TX, offer unmatched strength because of different factors. For one, the titanium metal used is a very sturdy material, fit for replacing the back teeth without the fear of wear or tear. Aside from that, the dental implants get sufficient support from the jawbone as well as the gum tissue, creating a very steady foundation for the artificial tooth. For such reasons, dental implants are perfect replacement solutions for the back teeth, withstanding the constant pressure of chewing and crushing foods.
Dental implants are clearly very unique and impactful in dental health, which is why you should try them. Still, remember to talk to your dentist before getting oral implants, since they are not suitable for every patient. A dental exam in our dental clinics will help establish whether you are a suitable candidate for dental implants.
Schedule an Appointment
If you are still confused whether you should choose dental implants or not, call us now to schedule an appointment with our dentist near you. If you are residing in Summer Lake Ranch, Sunset Ridge West, Eagle Creek, Greensbrook, Meadowlake, and surrounding communities.